Asylum Meuse, a race ready, full carbon cyclocross bike with stop-fast disc brakes.
Asylum Cycles is crowdfunding the ultimate race-ready carbon ‘cross bike in terms of terrain capabilities, weight, handling and value. With a Belgian river as its namesake, the Meuse brings all the best performance features together: a high-modulus carbon frame, stiff PF30 bottom bracket shell compatible with both geared and single-speed use, stiff tapered head tube, and molded-in chainstay disc brake mounts that actually strengthen the rear triangle. The geometry of the Meuse creates an incredibly fast racing bike that’s also at home on long distance adventure rides. Fast, durable and light, the Meuse goes anywhere.
Their mission is to build bikes that people love to ride. That means treating customers like design partners, bringing riders and racers into the design process and listening to each piece of feedback. That’s Asylum’s simple formula to create the best bikes for the best price. They’ve tested and refined their prototypes creating a great support-team for customers in the process. Now they’re seeking funding to place a production order and pay for the tooling needed to make additional frame sizes.
– Lightweight, high-modulus carbon frame with reinforced dropouts (1120g for the 54cm)
– Molded-in chainstay disc brake mount for a stiff and strong rear triangle
– Oversized bottom bracket shell with PF30 system for increased stiffness and power-transfer
– Tapered 1-1/8” to 1.5” head tube for steering precision
– Full-carbon, Columbus fork with tapered steerer
– Vibration damping Flatbottom seatstay design for a smoother ride
– Massive Powerflow downtube and oversized chainstays resist flex
– Replaceable threaded disc mount inserts and a replaceable derailleur hanger
– Internal shift-cable routing
– External brake cable routing for hydraulic lines
– Exceptional mud clearance
– Simple and light-weight integrated headset
– Crash replacement policy and 3-year warranty against defects in manufacturing
For more information, head over to new funding site CrowdSupply.com and support this cool cyclocross project.